Will You Host A Site Or To Go For Third-Party Webhosting?
The first one is to host your own website, and the second one is to get the services of third party providers called webhosting companies. We discuss some of the things to consider when you go self-hosting or when you decide that you will need the services of webhosting companies of internet service providers.
What to consider when you will self-host your websites
• Cost of computer hardware. You need to back your websites with the right server hardware, powered with hi-speed DSL or broadband connection.
• You will also need to buy related software needed to do the job. The server licenses are considered as a level higher than the client-licenses. And it should be kept in mind as well that the vendor may impose restrictions when it comes to users.
• And finally, when you decide to self-host your websites it is best to be ready with the expenses associated with self-hosting. Prepare your money to cover the proper installation of hardware and software needed by the set-up
If you think that you are not up to the job, and you don't have the appropriate resources to ensure self-hosting then what you can do is to simply rent out a server. You can contact your preferred internet service provider to rent their service. Ask them about the price of having your websites on their server. But remember that the price of the agreement is only just one of the many factors that you need to consider when renting a server from an ISP. It is also important to consider the kind of technical and customer service help that they provide.
Will you rent out a server of an ISP?
Listed below are some of the things that should come into play and consideration when deciding on an ISP as the provider of the server.
• As indicated earlier, technical support should be there all the time. There will always be downtime and bugs, and you need all the help that you can get in order to restore the services of your websites on time.
• Look for a backup so that you will not lose your data.
• Check out the traffic restrictions. There are some ISPs that are critical of sites that have gone popular overnight. Sometimes ISPs charge an extra for these kinds of websites.
• Are there content restrictions or is the bandwidth overtly controlled?
• Does your provider support e-mail capabilities and does it support the database access?
These are the two sets of considerations that you should know, and these could help you decide if you really want to rent out the server. Do you have the financing and the technical know-how to self-host the websites? If no, find providers of webhosting services now!
Robert Hamborg is owner/operator of Pinkham Communications-PC Marketing Unlimited
and has been marketing online since 2003
Our Hosting: http://www.pc-hosting.info
Personal Blog: http://roberthamborg.us/Blog
Pinkham Communications-PC Marketing Unlimited provides a wide range of Products and Services of our own, and many more through partnerships and affiliations with other companies. These range from; Software, Business Applications, Utilities, Products for the Aspiring Marketer, or lead generation for both Internet... and 'Brick and Mortar' Companies. But it doesn't stop there, Also Internet Services, Free Cell Phones, Script Installation, and still more... Our Motto is "Old Fashioned Customer Service in the Present and Future!" If You don't see it we'll Find it for you!
You may contact me atSupport